The first one which I have highlighted is the only one worth noting, although I do not believe Mr. Mandela meant what he said when you put it into context with the other thoughts that dominated his belief system.
- "A critical, independent and investigative press is the lifeblood of any democracy. The press must be free from state interference. It must have the economic strength to stand up to the blandishments of government officials. It must have sufficient independence from vested interests to be bold and inquiring without fear or favor. It must enjoy the protection of the constitution, so that it can protect our rights as citizens."
- "If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America. They don't care for human beings."
- "The current world financial crisis also starkly reminds us that many of the concepts that guided our sense of how the world and its affairs are best ordered, have suddenly been shown to be wanting.”
- "Gandhi rejects the Adam Smith notion of human nature as motivated by self-interest and brute needs and returns us to our spiritual dimension with its impulses for nonviolence, justice and equality. He exposes the fallacy of the claim that everyone can be rich and successful provided they work hard. He points to the millions who work themselves to the bone and still remain hungry."
- "There is no doubt that the United States now feels that they are the only superpower in the world and they can do what they like."
- “It is said that no one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.”
- “Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings. Sometimes it falls on a generation to be great. YOU can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.”
- “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”
- “No single person can liberate a country. You can only liberate a country if you act as a collective.”
- "If the United States of America or Britain is having elections, they don't ask for observers from Africa or from Asia. But when we have elections, they want observers."
- “When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”
- On Gandhi: "From his understanding of wealth and poverty came his understanding of labor and capital, which led him to the solution of trusteeship based on the belief that there is no private ownership of capital; it is given in trust for redistribution and equalization. Similarly, while recognizing differential aptitudes and talents, he holds that these are gifts from God to be used for the collective good."
- “Long live the Cuban revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro … Cuban internationalists have done so much for African independence, freedom and justice. We admire the sacrifices of the Cuban people in maintaining their independence and sovereignty in the face of a vicious imperialist campaign designed to destroy the advances of the Cuban revolution. We too want to control our destiny. … There can be no surrender. It is a case of freedom or death. The Cuban revolution has been a source of inspiration to all freedom-loving people.”
- “Under a Communist Party government, South Africa will become a land of milk and honey. Political, economic and social rights will cease to be enjoyed by whites only. They will be shared equally by whites and non-whites. There will be enough land and houses for all. There will be no unemployment, starvation and disease. Workers will earn decent wages; transport will be cheap and education free.”
- “Yasser Arafat was one of the outstanding freedom fighters of this generation, one who gave his entire life to the cause of the Palestinian people.”
- “The cause of communism is the greatest cause in the history of mankind!”
- “There’s one place where (Fidel Castro’s) Cuba stands out head and shoulders above the rest – that is in its love for human rights and liberty!”
- “The victory of socialism in the U.S.S.R., in the People’s Republic of China, in Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland and Rumania, where the living conditions of the people were in many respects similar and even worse than ours, proves that we too can achieve this important goal.”
- “Communists everywhere fight to destroy capitalist society and to replace it with socialism, where the masses of the common people, irrespective of race or color, will live in complete equality, freedom and happiness. They seek to revolutionize society and are thus called revolutionaries. Those who support capitalism with its class divisions and other evils and who oppose our just struggles to end oppression are called counter revolutionaries.
THE ANC’S VICTIMS WERE MOSTLY CIVILIANS:
- 1981 – 2 car bombs at Durban showrooms
- 1983 – Church Street Bomb (killed 19, wounded 217)
- 1984 – Durban car bomb (killed 5, wounded 27)
- 1985-1987 – At least 150 landmines on farm roads (killed 125)
- 1985 – Amanzimtoti Sanlam shopping centre bomb Dec 23 (killed 2 white women and 3 white children)
- 1986 – Magoo’s Bar bomb (killed 3, wounded 69)
- 1986 – Newcastle Court bomb (wounded 24) 1987 – Johannesburg Court bomb (killed 3, wounded 10)
- 1987 – Wits command centre car bomb (killed 1, wounded 68)
- 1988 – Johannesburg video arcade (killed 1 unborn baby, wounded 10)
- 1988 – Roodepoort bank bomb (killed 4, wounded 18)
- 1988 – Pretoria Police housing unit, 2 bombs (wounded 3)
- 1988 – Magistrate’s Court bomb (killed 3)
- 1988 – Benoni Wimpy Bar bomb (killed 1, wounded 56)
- 1988 – Witbank shopping centre bomb (killed 2, wounded 42)
- 1988 – Ellis Park Rugby Stadium car bomb (killed 2, wounded 37)
- Late 1980s – numerous Wimpy Restaurant bombs (killed many, wounded many)
18 minutes long, but our President Obama lost another pro-Islamic terrorist buddy.
President Obama failed completely to show the Marxist, Anti-American and pro-Islamist nature of Nelson Mandela. Of course if Obama actually demonstrated truthful courage he would not be making the public eulogy in South Africa.
Many lowered the American flags to half staff on the death of Nelson Mandela, a man who clearly despised this country and the capitalism way of life. Mandela was a pure communist and socialist in his thinkings and teachings. Apartheid was a bitch and stupid like all oppression, but biting the system that fed him that raised him to god like status shows what kind of man he really was. He may have gotten the Peace Prize but he remained on the United States' Terrorism Watch list until 2008 for a reason. The only reason he was taken off was probably because of his frail health.
Whatever, he's dead and the pawns will bow down ad mourn a perceived icon of 'peace'.
This has been another Nobody movement.
Like Me On Facebook